Mendoza Gay Friendly: Argentina’s most chosen LGBT destiny
Probably the most important LGBT event of the year is Mendozás Gay Vendimia. Every March, when Vendimia´s Grape festival is over, this amazing party comes alive. It’s been denominated “Vendimia for all” and it takes place in one of Mendoza´s Top Hotels, where you might be lucky enough to meet some of the most famous artists of the local scene and the country.
Another really interesting event is the Pride Parade, gathering over 300 people last year. December is the chosen month for this beautiful ocurrence.
There are many options when it comes to chose what to do for some night fun in Mendoza. Queen Disco is probably the oldest and most known gay night club in the City, but in the last couple of years a lot of new places have opened their doors.
Places like Wish Club or La Reserva Pub are the best options down town, and if you feel like going a little bit further ahead, you can find Estación Miró Disco near the bus station or maybe Club Heaven up in the Challao area.
TRAVELER’S USEFUL DATA
Not far away from the city (around ½ an hour) there are several options for massage therapies, thermal waters and hot springs.
In the summer you can find a great offer of outdoor activities such as rafting, kayaking, trekking and even horseback riding.
There are three Ski Resorts for the winter visitors in Mendoza. Las Leñas (3 hours away) is South America’s biggest Ski Resort and Argentina´s most famous one along with Bariloche. Closer to the City (2 hours away) you can find Los Penitentes, the local Ski Resort for Mendocinians, and not far away from it you will also have the chance to ski in Vallecitos slopes, a small 3 slopes Ski Resort.
WHERE TO STAY
HOTELS (4-5 stars)
- NH HOTEL: Across the street from San Martin square, this centric and beautiful 4 stars hotel links great accommodation with fair prices.
- PARK HYATT HOTEL: The former and historical Hotel Plaza is now a magnificent 5 stars hotel, just in front of Independencia Square, the most emblematic area of the City.
- INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL: This high end 5 stars hotel is where the business people from all around the world gather. Conference rooms, astonishing view and the chance to go to Mendoza´s biggest Mall just by crossing the street.
- DAMAJUANA HOSTEL: A friendly place in the City´s most popular street for night life and restaurants. Good atmosphere and comfortable beds.
- CARIÑO ROSAO: An alcove for lovers in the heart of Chacras de Coria, 15 minutes away from the City. This warm and cozy place combines the most incredible accommodations with a peaceful and beautiful environment.